Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DCP Reflection

I love the Pantry, I really do. I’ve grew so close to some of the cast members. I had a lot of guests ask about the program and I gladly told them everything and how fantastic it is. I’ve learned a lot about organization, team work, independence, responsibility etc. I can take what I’ve learned here to any job I earn in the future. I enjoyed going to work. I know a lot of people thought I was goofing off, but that’s really not true. I worked my tush off, I was discovering what the world had to offer. Yes, I did have a lot of fun – is it a crime to enjoy life?

I started my class at the end of February and I loved it! A couple of finance professionals came in every week and lecture us on a topic but also give us their history and how they got to where they are in the company. I found myself eager to hear what they had to say and excited to see where I could go with my starting point. We were assigned a project of designing our own resort. The project was hard and incredibly challenging, but after two and a half hours of straight brainstorming, we got the numbers and we had something great.

I’m a campus rep now so I’m going to really promote the program on my campus. I want people to experience this – you learn a lot about you: who you want to be, what you want to do. I’m hoping to get the program known so that future participants can get credit for it or for the classes they take. I recommend it to everyone.

I feel like working for Disney really is something I want to do in the future. After I graduate I hope to participate in their professional internship and hopefully get a full time job from there. I like making people happy – working for a company that is all about tat seems great to me.

So my last day was one of the hardest days of my life – and as I type about it, it makes me want to cry. I had to say goodbye to people that changed my life. They made me want to live life to the fullest – I experienced so many new things with them – we went through ups and downs. We laughed and cried together. It’s amazing how incredibly close I got to these people. I don’t know if it’s the program and we’re thrown into this situation, or if it’s because you meet people a lot like you – that get you. I hardly felt judged, I felt welcome and accepted. It was an amazing feeling – I had so much support and encouragement. I think about everyone everyday and try to keep in touch. Everyone touched my life in some way and I will love each and every one of them forever.

No comments: