Sunday, July 11, 2010

Copy, Paste Values

This week was a bit long. I was busy at work and outside of work with the 4th and birthdays and such.

The week has been a lot of me sitting and listening to one the members of my team explain what he does at month end for closing and forecasting since he is changing jobs. It was overwhelming. I wasn't the only one feeling that way, even finance professionals did too so I shouldn't feel that bad, but it does make me question finance as my field. I enjoy accounting more which is less grey - I like black and white. But we'll see.

I started editing a file to set it up for the quarter 3 summary, and started matching item numbers to papers with merchandise on it that are held in the royalty department.

I sat in on the forecast meeting and went to training on presentations as well at the end of the week. I have more training coming up and then my finance fundamentals class starts the week after.

I think I've heard the phrase "copy, past values" more than anything this week haha, oh excel.

I'm enjoying my time here, socially and professionally - so far so good!

No comments: