Monday, July 28, 2008

Post Trip Reflection

This trip for Katie and I was more than just a vacation, it was life changing in a way. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true. The trip exposed us to a lot of different working environments - we saw what the world has to offer, and now we want to experience more. I've written most of this blog while at work - and reminiscing makes me feel a little better about my day.

At the beginning of the trip Michelle told us we would all be best friends by the end, and we would be crying at the end. I didn’t believe her, but surprise it happened. It takes awhile for me to feel comfortable around people but I felt at ease with my fellow adventurers. We all had similar tastes and I knew they wouldn’t judge me for my qurkiness. It was really nice to know I was accepted for me right off the bat. It's hard to find that on a college campus.

I met some incredible people on this trip and I'm really glad I got to share it with them. Our guides - Quinn and Michelle - I'm going to miss them the most. They made this adventure an experience I definitely will not forget. They're responsible for us getting closer as a group, and thanks to them I feel I have 37 more friends. Each person has a place in my heart (awwww).

I finally got to go to California, and I did it in style! Definitely the best trip I have ever taken - I wonder how much more incredible it would have been if I was perfectly healthy? Hmm maybe I should take another adventure and find out...

No comments: