Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Trip/Beginning

I'm trying to update this as much as I can haha and I'm already behind.

Let's see. Packing took epically long, I was still not done Friday night which was my going away party. That was a lot of fun, one last hoorah with my MD buddies. Saturday I packed and then went to the baseball game with my mom. Sunday morning Katie and I hit the road!

We drove down to Savannah, got a hotel and then immediately got dinner and went on a ghost tour. It was of the Sorrell Weed/Carriage House which was featured on Ghost Hunters. The guide took us around Savannah a bit and then to the house. I had forgotten the episode but they gave us a little recap. All the paranormal occurrences were not that positive, so I felt the tour was disrespectful. All the recordings that had were the spirits telling us to get out. I felt so bad!

The next morning we headed back to the historic district for a tour of SCAD after which we walked around the town. I wish we had more time there, I wanted to see more. It is a beautiful town and pretty interesting!

We hit the road to FL and arrived around 5pm, checked into our hotel and then headed to my former home of Downtown Disney. I ran into an old co-worker so that was lovely! We shopped and ate then headed back to the hotel for some exploring and pool time.

Next morning we had an amazing character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, where I fell in love with Tigger. We were the last breakfast shift so we could relax a lot more, we were one of the lasts to leave. Normally I feel rushed but this time we stayed for over an hour haha.

We spent the day in Magic Kingdom. The day started off pretty awesome with the people mover. As we went through Space Mountain, the lights were on! AH! So cool. We did a lot of the indoor attractions including the Laugh Factory, which my joke made it into! Thanks Jason for your "dad" joke! =)

That evening we were apart of the Fireworks Dessert Party. Prime seating for the fireworks in addition to a dessert buffet. YES PLEASE. I will not lie, I freaked out when I saw our table was the best seat in the house. And I may or may not have cried during the fireworks....

The Electric Light Parade was classic as usual and we sat by some really nice people, one of which handed out lollipops!! The next morning I had some business in casting to take care of, but after that we headed to Hollywood Studios so check out the re-imagined Tower of Terror. Nothing TOO major, but it was still lovely.

Wednesday was insanely hot so we had to take a lot of breaks. One of which was waiting to see Lotso from Toy Story 3. We got in line a 1/2 hour early, making me the first in line. I was sooooo excited!! It was worth the wait. He was so soft and plushy and so huggable =P

We headed to Epcot after riding Tower one last time. We of course paid Figment a visit and walked around the world. Katie's flight was that night so we headed back to pack up.

Thursday morning I got up bright and early to move into my new apartment. I was in line around some cool people which helped ease the stressful transition. They had pre-placed us so we couldn't make any requests, but I ended up in a 2 bedroom as I wanted. AND I ended up with a friend of mine from the college program! How weird!?

After finally getting my stuff to my room, I had to head back to casting for more check in. While in line I met my old recruiter from my campus rep days. I harassed him through email a lot haha. It was really great to meet him in person!

Check in was quick and easy since I was still active in the system and had gotten my fingerprints done the previous day. There was a little finance meeting which I ended up staying at for a couple hours, talking with my fellow interns - one of which, Michael, is my neighbor!

I started the unpacking process and soon found out my bedroomie had to leave because some of her paperwork would not come in until next month. I was so sad!! Carol seemed really great. At least she will be allowed to do the program next session. See you then Carol =)

That night, my roomies (Corinne and Summer)and I went to dinner and got a couple items at the food store. It was a nice bonding adventure. I don't know how I lucked out AGAIN with roomies. The apartment is really nice, pictures will come soon. After everything is unpacked hahaha

The next morning I got up bright and early to go to a Finance Premiere Party for Toy Story 3! Coolest first day of work EVER. I met my coach and a few member of my team. Everyone seems really nice. Of course it was a little awkward since I was the only intern so I was totally out of place, but that;s the typical transition into a new environment. The party had a breakfast for us, raffles and trivia. It was really nice, and the movie was amazing.

After my morning of "work" I headed back to the apartment to change, had lunch, a quick nap and then back out to get my new ID. After my adventure I had to go to the housing meeting (woo....).

Then we all went to Wal Mart to get food and supplies to cook dinner. Michael made us dinner for helping him with his stuff during move in. He made a fabulous vegetable lasagna and we brought the sides: salad, garlic bread and ice cream. It was a lot of fun bonding with our neighbors, we're hoping to do it weekly.

Today is my day to catch up (ie this post) and finish unpacking. I officially start Monday, so I have a couple days to relax and get ready. Orientation is Monday morning and then I go to lunch with my coach/leader and then head to where I will be working.

I am insanely nervous since I don't know EXACTLY what I'm doing, but it will be an adventure and a good test to see what I want to do in life.

No comments: