Sunday, September 26, 2010

Evangeline's

So my life was consumed by my Finance Fundamentals project. We were given the pro-forma and year 1 actual results of a restaurant. We had to come up with a theme and then also changes that would be made to make the restaurant perform better in year 2 - to essentially get it back on the path.

Our team, titled the Goof Troop, created Evangeline's located at Port Orleans French Quarter. It was based on Princess and the Frog - a nice romantic, elegant restaurant. We made some adjustments and had a pretty solid case. We presented on Wednesday to a group full of managers, executives and fellow interns. I thought we did really well - all the groups did. I'm really proud of all of us!

Now that it is over, my schedule is freeing up a bit, though we started our Department Overviews which is a series of presentations from different finance departments so we have a good idea of different areas when we want to do meet and greets and start applying.

I'm still working on promotional analysis in addition to other odds and ends. Liz and Megan came into town last weekend - Disney in 2 days. WOO! I think I finally recovered hahaha Just in time too - Victor comes in this weekend. It's a busy busy month!!

No comments: