Thursday, August 14, 2008

Japan Day 3

Another early day - but not quite as early as day 2. We boarded the train for our adventure to DisneySea located in Maihama. My one request for my stay in Tokyo was to go to Tokyo Disney. I chose to go to the DisneySea park rather than the Disneyland one was that DisneySea is unique to Tokyo – there’s no other park in the world that is like it. We had a couple train changes – one in Tokyo Station. This station is ginormous – it’s like Grand Central Station. While on the train, someone asked Mike if he was familiar with the train system – and was grateful we spoke English.

As we got off at our stop I was filled with excitement – I could see all the Disney signs and eventually saw the castle. I was glad I could see the castle, that was the one thing I was upset I wouldn’t get to see, but I saw it! We wandered around until we realized we had to take the monorail to the park entrance. The train had Mickey shaped windows and Mickey shaped rings for the people standing. It was very Disney.

As we got to the park, we went through a long line until actually entering the park. We followed the crowd to the first attraction which was Journey to the Center of the Earth. It was a mine car like ride. We went on 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (with a FastPass luckily) which was kinda disappointing. This park had a Little Mermaid and Aladdin section which was really cool. I felt like I was actually in the movie.

DisneySea lacked attractions – it was mainly places to eat and scenery. I don’t regret going at all – the park was absolutely gorgeous and the Italy sections made me want to go to Italy. We took a gondola ride where our obviously Japanese rowers told us they were Italian haha. There was an American land that had the Tower of Terror. It was different than the ones in America, which was awesome. I loved the architecture and the ride is always fantastic.

We had lunch in a Mexico-ish land, where they had mandolin players. We waited in line for the Indiana Jones ride – by the way, Indiana Jones was there. So cool – they had a lot of more obscure characters. I got pictures with Marie, Daisy, Scrooge and of course Indiana Jones. There are different characters popular in Japan they really like Stitch, Marie, Donald and Chip & Dale. Basically, Kt would be in heaven. We waited in line for Storm Runner which is an attraction like Star Tours but instead of being in space, you’re journeying into the eye of a storm. We even got wet!

We got Cappuccino popcorn (they had a different flavor at every stand, it was pretty cool) and then we did our shopping and headed back. I was in and out of sleep starting at 8:30. I was probably dead asleep by 9:30/10:00.

No comments: