Sunday, August 31, 2008

Japan Day 6

My final full day in Japan. We ventured a little out of Tokyo to visit Mike and Sole's friend Sanae who studied abroad at WAC. I got to see a real Japanese home and experience Japanese home cooking. Sanae and her family were incredibly nice!

After brunch, we met Siggy and headed over to Tokyo Tower. Tokyo Tower looks like the Eiffel Tower, but in fact is bigger. Apparently all major fight scenes in anime and Japanese films take place at the Tokyo Tower. The view was exquisite. Unfortunately we could see the storm and the direction it was moving: towards Tokyo Disney, so it ruined my plans of going into the Tokyo Disney resort for my final night. *Sigh* oh well.

We looked around Tokyo Tower, doing some last minute shopping. I also enjoyed the Mega Mac from McDonald's, which I am proud to say I ordered myself - yay for pointing at menus! The Mega Mac has two extra beef patties. I ate the whole meal - it was absolutely amazing. I felt it for awhile, it was an exhausting experience, but it was incredible.

We headed to Shibuya so I could see it at night. The lights were pretty awesome. We stopped to to parikua, which is quite popular in Japan. It was so fast paced, it was overwhelming and thus the reason why I have two main faces.

We walked around the town - I took it all in. It was my last night in Japan for possibly the rest of my life. We went into various places and ended up at McDonald's (again haha) for some treats. The night was full of packing and drifiting off to sleep for my full day of travel the next day.

No comments: