Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's What Time?

I spent my second day off out and about. Ashly and I got up semi-early and met my friend Alex (he works at World of Disney also located in Downtown Disney) and his roommate Pat. We boarded the bus in the chilly weather to Animal Kingdom. We headed straight for Everest which I had never been on. After we rode it once, another roommate of theirs, Mike, appeared and we rode it again. The ride is pretty fantastic, I recommend it. We headed over to the safari and took a 2 week adventure. We took another 2 week adventure thanks to their roomie Joe (yeah, most of their apartment was in AK that day) who is a driver there. 4 weeks in the wild will make you hungry, so we headed to get some lunch, at which I ordered the "1/2 chicken" which I destroyed by the way.

After filling our bellies, we waited for Dinosaur which was quite thrilling. After that we rushed to the Finding Nemo musical and then Festival of the Lion King. Festival of the Lion King was absolutely amazing. I forgot how great it was. The dancing, singing, costumes, floats - all of it. I'll just say that the emotion presented through the dancing during "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" was kinda moving. I know Ashly and I felt it haha.

We headed back to good ole Chatham Square. Ashly and I met Stephi and soon departed for Downtown Disney to meet her friend Will. We hung out there for awhile, which was a bad idea since it was freezing. But I had a good time. I ended up purchasing a pretty amazing hat which was a good investment since it kept me warm. I ended up eating/dancing/singing/laughing a bit too much for my stomach was quite mad at me that night. I went straight to bed haha

The next morning I had work at 9am - a morning shift!! It was first shift off training, though I left my "earning my ears" on. I met the morning crew who kept warning me they were crazy, but I assured them it was alright and might have proven myself as crazy too. I got off work at 3:30 so I rushed home, changed and headed straight for Magic Kingdom to meet up with Lou, Cait and Ashly.

We met three princesses, had a nighttime castle photo shoot, caught a glimpse of the parade, and did some shopping. I even saw more backstage of Magic Kingdom. While waiting for my lovelies to finish up shopping, I got a call from Mike who had finally returned to the states! Welcome home Mike!

I worked my first night without a trainer and it was crazy haha. It was all CPs or ICPs working so it was kind of stressful, but we got the job done! I woke up Monday not feeling so amazing, so I spent the day in bed trying to sleep it all off. It worked fairly well, for I lowered my temperature from 100.2 to 98.9, woo! I did emerge to meet Elliott who was checking in a couple days later. But working was hard, the managers were extra tough since they were training a new intern. I did have a couple nice chats though - one with a girl who loves High School Musical and another with someone from College Park.

The next day, same thing. Not feeling amazing - better than the previous day, but still icky. I slept through most of the inauguration - Janet was watching it the living room. She'd see me every so often coming in the kitchen for a drink or food. I stopped to watch but after a bit left and passed out on my bed - 3 minutes before Obama's speech. Work was a bit easier this night, Elliott and his roomie Dave came and visited. I also met a UMBCer who knows a couple I know and then I also ran into two UMBC people that lived in the dorm I worked in. It was a small little world in the Pantry that night.

I finally hit my day off! I got up to the question "Do you wanna go to Waffle House?" I love Waffles. So 4 of us girls changed and met Elliott and 4 of his roommates and went to Waffle House. On the way back we met Cameron, who was moving it. It was a morning of introductions! We quickly left to go to the Disney Vacation Club preview where we learned about all the neat places we could go and got to see a sample room of the villas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the new Contemporary DVC resort that will be opening later this year. We got free ice cream too!

We decided to hit up Hollywood Studios that afternoon. As I was doing all this I thought it was probably not best since I was getting over my cold. Oh well! We saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid and then headed to meet the Bolt characters. While getting our picture with them a parade of other characters came out, so we made the rounds. There were rare characters too! The Queen, Jafar, Tweedledee & Tweedledum! I was freaking out left and right. We were in the Animation building for probably 2 hours haha.

I spent tons of money (mostly for my mom!) in the store attached and then headed to see Janet working on the Sunset Strip. On the way we stopped in the shops where I purchased an amazing souvenir cup! I was thirsty and I got my discount so hush ;-)

After saying hello to our lovely Janet, we went on Tower of Terror and then Rockin Roller Coaster. Sometime after Rockin Roller Coaster, I think after I got really excited about the coloring book I purchased, I lost my voice. I didn't talk for awhile, and that made it worse haha.

The next day we got up and met up with a big group to go to Wal Mart and get some food cause Ashly and I were out! My voice, still gone so my introductions were awkward. It was quite deep and raspy haha. After Wal Mart we went to the block party where Chip and Dale and Goofy and Max were in attendance. We got our free pizza and met some more new people! A few decided on a soccer game - I photographed. I bounced early to get some more free pizza for the rest of our working roomies.

Later that night a couple of our new friends, Elliott and Charlie, came over to watch the Dark Knight. Well we weren't paying attention to that, so we walked over to Charlie's to get Donnie Darko, came back realized we weren't focused enough for that either, so we put in Nightmare Before Christmas. By this time, most of the apartment was home, so we all chilled (and colored!).

I spent yesterday doing laundry and such since I had to go to work and all my costumes were dirty haha. I was supposed to work 5:15-11:15 which I was stoked about since it was the only night I wasn't closing. I got extended to close haha. It was interesting at work, I still lacked a voice, I may have frightened some =P

So today, my voice is a bit better, but still a little raspy. I feel fine, except for when my cough reeks it's head. I'm a little antsy today, but I can't go anywhere since I have to catch my bus in less than 3 hours. Maybe tomorrow! I've been here 2 1/2 weeks now - time is starting to fly. It's crazy!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Those pictures are amazing! Oh, and I love the hat, it is so you!